Getting to Buzios by Bus
From Rio de Janeiro direct to Buzios:
Daily departures from Novo Rio Bus Station by Auto Viação 1001:
• Schedule from Rio: 6:04, 8:04,9:04, 10:04, 12:04, 14:04, 16:04, 18:04 y 20:04h.
• Schedule from Buzios: 6:00, 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 y 20:00h.
Prices vary between R$ 35.00 and R$ 45.00 depending on the bus (with air conditioning or conventional) or schedule. For more information call the Central of Auto Viação 1001.
• Auto Viação 1001: (21/11) 4004-5001 o 0800-770-3603
• Novo Rio Bus Station: (21) 3213-1800
Buzios Turismo Advice:
• You can pay for your ticket to Buzios and book through the site Auto Viação 1001 with your credit card.
• Buzios receives many tourists in holiday or vacation seasons so is recomended to buy your ticket in advance.
• Buzios Tourismo recommends always to confirm the price and timetable of your ticket.
From the airport to the Novo Rio Station you can take a taxi (for about R $ 50.00) or a bus with air conditioner by Auto Viação Real with constant departures daily.
From São Paulo direct to Buzios:
Departures only on Fridays at 21:45 pm returning only on Sundays at 20:15 h.
R$ 120,49 by Auto Viação 1001.
Alternative route coming from Rio de Janeiro, via Cabo Frio:
The company Auto Viação 1001 has hourly departures (between 4:00 and 24:00) from Rio de Janeiro, Niterói (from São Paulo only at 9:00 or 22:30) to the neighboring town of Buzios, Cabo Frio, where Auto Viação Salineira (tel: 0800-886-1000) departures to Búzios daily every 20 minutes. You can also take a taxi from Buzios and Cabo Frio and pay around R$ 60.00.